F is for food.
I really do love food, a lot. Last night I went to Applebees with the siblings and it was SO good. I had some spinach artichoke dip and some penne past with spinach, seasoned chicken, and tomatoes. MMM. It was wonderful. I also had this scrumptious cupcake last week (on Milk Chocolate Day mind you!) I have had some delicious stir fry this week (a favorite) and some divine cantaloupe (not in the same meal). I love me some good food.
B is for blessed.
I am truly blessed. I have been somewhat subconsciously stressed (oooh! look at the alliteration!) about my financial situation this coming year. This week my federal financial aid finally came through and it is good news! I also have be able to find some small jobs to earn a little bit of extra cash. I know that when I trust the Lord things work out. I am slowly learning to eliminate stress and just put my trust in Him. Obviously I have to do my part but He always provides for His children. We must just trust (oh man I'm on a roll! look at that assonance/consonance!) His timing. I love it.
D is for disgusted.
Here comes a little rant. If you don't like those you don't have to read. I am just extremely disgusted with this world currently. I will share some reasons to explain. #1 My mother and I were trying to rent a movie a few weeks ago. As we browsed the redbox selections everything was either gory, jam packed with killing, full of demons and devils, or contained raunchy scenes. Is that really all that we find entertaining now-a-days? What happened to roadrunners that only said "Meep" and Lizzie McGuire? Wow. That's all I can say. #2 I turned on So You Think You Can Dance on Wednesday night. I LOVE this show. I've always wanted to be a dancer and just love to watch these talented people dance their little hearts out. Then I saw just a part of one of the first dances. It was a character piece claiming to show everyone's "Dream Dentist Visit." There was a nerdy guy who had a sexy dentist who was trying to seduce him or something. Let me tell you something...this is not my "Dream Dentist Visit." My idea of a "dream dentist visit" is where the Dentist comes in and says, "My Melissa! You have beautiful teeth! I can tell you have been brushing and flossing daily! You have no cavities! Now take this coupon and get yourself some Cold Stone ice cream!" Doesn't that sound great? I think so too, but perhaps I am just abnormal. #3 Last but not least, I hate (and no I don't mean strongly dislike) how people are treated differently. Don't get me wrong! I absolutely DO NOT proclaim to be perfect at treating everyone with kindness, but no one should be looked down on just because of what they wear, what they look like, where they live, or how much money they make. We are people, you know, living breathing human beings. Everyone should be treated as such.
Alright, I'm officially off the soap box. I'm really not one to preach on those but this cause seemed worthy to me. This life truly is so good. I hope that each of you feel that way. My life is not near perfect but I try to see all of the blessing that are there, because there are so very many.
Today's Holiday is:
National Watermelon Day
Tomorrow's Holidays are:
National Chocolate Chip Day
National Mustard Day
(stay tuned for my good plans for tomorrow!)
(:
1 comment:
I really liked this post. I didn't even know you had a blog. This post was fun to read. One thing that I thought was odd, though, is your distaste for violence, which seems to contradict your desire to return to roadrunner days. Weren't the shows with the coyote and the roadrunner completely filled with violence?
I have to agree with the state of the quality of television and movies in general. I haven't watched cable programming in years. I just stick to Netflix so I can watch what I want without having to worry if it's going to be appropriate.
Post a Comment