Well hello!
Yesterday was a great day. It was National Talk in an Elevator Day, Olympics Opening Ceremony and much more.
First off, I went to lunch with Marisol. We started this tradition last year. We try to go to a new (ish)/locally owned restaurant with good food right before she leaves for school. Last year we went to the oh so good Mona Lisa (which is now closed...boo!) This year we went downtown and tried Merr's Family Restaurant! MMMM. It was delish. We each had a turkey BLT with avocados and a side of fries. Then we shared something called "Chocolate Overload." Yeah...it was a good thing we shared. That was heaven but definitely an overload. To get to the restaurant we took an elevator so that we could celebrate National Talk in an Elevator. It was fun!
Excuse the crappy quality of my cell phone camera. From there I headed home and picked up my siblings. We piled in my little car and headed to the Reel Theatre to watch....drumroll....HUNGER GAMES. Yes, it's true I'm obsessed. I just love that book and movie. My siblings and I have been very un-patiently waiting for it to come to the Dollar Theatre. It was my third time seeing it and I still loved it. I can't wait for the release on August 18th. Woo!
When I arrived home I had a lovely letter from my best best friend. I've been awaiting this letter for almost 2 weeks now. It was an exciting moment!
Yeah...do you see that adorable ring?? I know, I'm lucky. Raschelle Goodman is the best! Only 1 month and 8 days until I get to see her again! It will be an exciting reunion!
Then I watched the Olympics Opening Ceremonies with the fam. I love the Olympics. Seriously, it is an obsession. I just love watching how talented and dedicated these people are. I also love how the world comes together and competes. It's beautiful. The ceremonies were not nearly as cool as Beijing but I did enjoy Voldemort's presence. The Harry Potter nerd in me was thrilled.
Then I headed to a friend's house for an outdoor movie. We watched Megamind...always a good choice. It was a good night minus the little scare where I thought I lost my brother. Turns out he was just waiting by my car. Sheesh....crazy kid.
(:
Today's Holidays are:
National Dance Day
National Milk Chocolate Day
National Day of the Cowboy
Hamburger Day
Tomorrow's Holidays are:
Lasagna Day
National Lipstick Day




No comments:
Post a Comment