Yesterday was a good day. It wasn't as productive as I had hoped it would be since I was not feeling so well. But! I did the best I could. So I started out the day with some inspiring quotes and scripture study that lifted my spirits. Then I got to talk to my dear roommate Madi Jeanfreau.
Just so you know. I love this girl! She is one amazing woman. We got to talk for a good 40 minutes and it made me VERY happy. Good times. Then I made some delicious pasta for lunch - whole grain penne with a homemade cheese sauce with lots of pepper. mmmm. That also made me happy. Then I ran some errands which included splitting a frozen yogurt from costco with my mom. Frozen yogurt makes me happy. So does my mom. Then for dinner we had rotisserie chicken, salad, green beans, and rolls. That also made me happy. Then the real celebration began. Marisol and I decided we should go to institute at least once this summer. They were going to go bowling afterwards which sounded appealing so we headed out. On the way we had to stop and get a "slurpee" from Chevron. They had this new flavor! Pomegranate Lemonade. Holy deliciousness. It was wonderful. Slurpees are always too sweet for me, but this was brilliant! Ah.
Yeah...check out those red teeth. Gross. Haha. Anyways, then we found out that bowling was canceled so we just got to chat with a few people we hadn't seen for awhile. That was good fun!
So obscure holidays celebrated:
Slurpees- Check
World Population Day - well, how are you really supposed to celebrate that?? Well I found out that the current population of the world is 7,025,808,653. That is one large number. Anyways, you can just store that in the section of your brain reserved for random facts that you can't ever remember when you want to. Ha. For some reason the first thing I thought of when I saw "World Population Day" was the song below. It is a whole bunch of popular artists from many genres coming together to help the people of Haiti. Isn't it a beautiful thing when people come together like this? I especially like Celine Dion's part. Brilliant.
Cheer Up the Lonely - well, I would like to say that I cheered up someone but I'm not really sure if I did. I tried to be friendly if that counts for anything. I tried to have extra patience with my siblings when it came to chores. I guess it is just a goal of mine to try to live this day everyday from now one. Sounds SUPER cheesy but I think it is a good idea. Yeah? You should join me. I'm sure it would make a difference. Actually, I know it would.
Today's Holidays:
Pecan Pie Day
Different Colored Eyes Day
Simplicity Day
(:

No comments:
Post a Comment