Hello again! It's been a couple days!
My holiday celebrating hasn't been as exciting as of lately. As I mentioned, Sunday was National Ice Cream Day, Gummi Worm Day, Be a Dork Day, and Cow Appreciation Day. Well I had a shake from Sonic on Saturday night so I am counting that as my early celebration of National Ice Cream Day. I was going to buy Gummi Worms for our trip to McCall on Monday and celebrate late but seeing as I am a college student I didn't really want to waste the money (or calories for that sake). I think I am a dork everyday so that was certainly accomplished. And...I didn't necessarily know how to celebrate Cow Appreciation Day. I can tell you all the reasons I love cows though! #1 They are delicious. I mean who doesn't enjoy a juicy steak or a Sunday roast. #2 They make milk and I love milk! I really do. #3 Their milk makes cheese. I also love cheese. #5 And most importantly their milk makes ice cream and I REALLY love ice cream. mmmmm. Haha.
Monday was Global Hug Your Child Day and International Juggling Day. I didn't celebrate either...how sad. I can't really juggle at all so that was a hopeless case to begin with. I most definitely can hug my parents however...I just wasn't able to. I woke up at 6 a.m. Monday and packed up my siblings and drove the 2 1/2 hours up to McCall. It was a beautiful drive. I love me some Idaho mountains. We dropped off Parker at a scout camp and then roamed around the town for a little while.
Then we drove all the way back home. I taught two awesome piano lessons and then hurried off to F.H.E. I barely saw my parents at all. So I will make sure to give each of them a proper hug today (: F.H.E. turned out wonderful though. Air Hockey, Volleyball, Human Slingshot, and a movie under the stars. We also enjoyed Smore Burritos. I LOVE them. Most people are too hesitant to try them for some reason...maybe its the calories, but I promise that they are really not that bad. Anyways, well we didn't buy very many supplies for them because we always have left overs. Well last night they were a HUGE hit. We were out of supplies in a matter of minutes. It was wonderful! So let me share this scrumptious summer treat. Please try it.
You need:
Chocolate
Marshmallows
Peanut Butter
Flour Tortillas
Knife
Foil
Fire! (in a pit or in a grill)
Instructions:
Take a tortilla and spread it with the desired amount of peanut butter. Then place marshmallows and chocolate on top of that. Note: if you use large marshmallows you will need to rip them into smaller pieces so they melt. Some people added crushed graham crackers to theirs and said it was good...you'll have to take their word for it. Roll it up like a burrito and wrap in foil. Cook in a fire pit or on a grill for approx. 2 minutes per side. Then open and enjoy. It is a melted peanut butter fantasy in your mouth. Mmm mmm good. Go try it!
Today's holiday is:
Peach Ice Cream Day
Tomorrow's holidays are:
Caviar Day
National Sidewalk Frying Day
(:
No comments:
Post a Comment