Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 10th - Teddy Bears and Pina Coladas

Happy July 10th!

Can I just tell you how stoked I was when I found out that I would get to celebrate Teddy Bear Picnic day??  So when I was younger my mom would always sing us the song "Teddy Bear Picnic."

Sounds cheesy now but I l.o.v.e.d. that song and ever since I have wanted to have a picnic with my own teddy bear.  Well it's never too late right?? So we packed up little lunches and headed to a nearby park.  We had a quiet picnic in the shade.  It was splendid.



Our family is full of Harry Potter fanatics so when we found some sticks it could only mean one thing...WIZARDING DUEL.  Logan and I had some good fun!


After the park we headed home for some relaxing.  Then dinner time came around.  It is Taco Tuesday which complimented our celebration of Pina Colada Day.  I am not a big fan of Pina Coladas because I am not a huge coconut fan.  If you are you can look up a good recipe to enjoy a normal version.  Here is the recipe I used for a coconut free Pina Colada.  It was very yummy!

1 cup ice
1 1/4 cups pineapple juice
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp. white sugar
(http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070816181633AAkDyEg)

Throw it all in the blender and voila!  It makes about 2 servings and takes just over a minute. My family thoroughly enjoyed it!

Tomorrow is:
Cheer Up the Lonely Day
Slurpee Day
World Population Day

enjoy (:

No comments: