Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Forgiveness.



Alright, now that you have watched that incredible video let me ramble for a minute.

Perhaps I am behind everyone else but I definitely just had this epiphany.  Bear with me...

Just has the higher Lord forgave his servant our Heavenly Father forgives us.  When He must practice justice we plead with him for His mercy.  We beg forgiveness.  If we ask with a sincere heart and are truly repentant, the Lord freely grants us the peace of forgiveness.

BUT...

Do we do the same?  I can continually find things in my life offensive, frustrating, etc.  Do I automatically forgive the individuals who, often unknowingly, "commit" these "transgressions"?  In my pride I expect Heavenly Father to freely forgive me of all of my shortcomings, faults, and sins and yet I sometimes fail to do the same, especially when it comes to the little, minute details and interactions of life (which we all know don't matter anyways).

My goal for this next little while is to continue to come closer to my Savior and in so doing gain His spirit's constant influence.  Through the spirit I hope to gain a glimpse of the love the Savior and our Heavenly Father feel for those I come in contact with, especially the customers at the gas station I work at.  I think then I will be able to have a soft enough heart to freely forgive others, so that I deserve the forgiveness of my Heavenly Father that only comes through the sacrifice of my elder brother, Jesus Christ.

_________________________ 

1 comment:

Silvia Hope said...

I thank you for the quote if we are trying to please God that is all the matter .. we will be inspire to do good and to make his wishes come true on these earth trough us ..not matter how hard it might seem to believe with our earthly eyes ..looking ahead with Faith and believe that trough him everything is possible ...