Sunday, July 7, 2013

4th of July Weekend

Hey friends!

It's been a little while...but I thought I would update you on the excitement of this past week!

On the third of July, Jay's parents came up to visit!  Yay!  I love having family come visit.  Anyways we got to visit and introduce them to our FAVORITE treat: Karie Ann's (gelato and shaved ice).  nom nom nom.  On the morning of the 4th we watched Jay march and drum in the Independence Day Parade.  That was so fun!  It was a cute small town parade.  From there we got some Subway and headed to the hidden gem of Rexburg: Rexburg Rapids.  This water park is sick. We had a blast racing down water slides, floating the lazy river, and doing handstand clapping competitions.  Ha.  Oh, good times.  Then we had a wonderful BBQ.  Jay and I made shish-kabobs with steak, potatoes, peppers, and onions.  We had corn on the cob, watermelon, and our favorite Crystal Light (Strawberry, Orange, Banana).  Then we had strawberry pretzel jello salad for dessert.  MMM.  We headed to Idaho Falls and after a late start caught part of the fireworks.

The next day I was off to work at Freshens at 6:30 a.m. Jay and his family met me at the end of my shift and we ate bagels and smoothies from my work for brunch.

On Saturday Jay and I and some good friends and neighbors got to participate in The Color Run.  We ran our first 5K together in about 35 minutes.  Pretty impressive considering we didn't train for more than about 2 days and we were being blasted with color chalk all the way through.  It was the most fun I have had in awhile.  We got free Kiwi Loco afterwards!  Yum.  But most of all I was just stoked that we had actually completed it.  Completing a 5K has been on my bucket list for over a year.  It was so fun and I can't wait to do another one.  After showering I headed to work for 6 hours.  Let's just say my legs are not happy with me today...oh well!




1 comment:

Erin Dougal said...

You two are adorable.